Looking forward to bringing a new dog as a pet in your house? You can agree with most people that it is fun and entertaining to do so. The problem comes in when it’s time to train your dog.
- Training a dog can at times put you off. It requires time and devotion. It’s important you start training your dog immediately you acquire it. Otherwise, you will have a hell of a time training it later on.
- Don’t go too hard on your dog, give it time to process every step of the training.
- It’s also important to do a little research on your dog since different breeds present unique challenges. Invest quality time in your dog and he might turn out to be your new best friend.
- Dogs can be messy and at times frustrate you.
- Your dog can push you to the point where you feel like getting rid of it. Hiring a professional trainer is not the solution, the dog owner is the best person to train their dog.
Understanding your dog and communicating dog’s language can be an effective way and a starting point in your training.
Prepare yourself well and have an idea of what to expect while training him/her.
With a little lesson on behavioral and obedience training, your dog can be the perfect pet. This article gives you tips on how to effectively train your dog.
Dog Training 101: How to Train ANY DOG the Basics
Start with the basic
Don’t go advanced on the first training session. Start with basics. Start training the dog simple commands like sit, come and lie down. These three commands are the starting point.
Let the dog learn this basic commands and then proceed.
Do it regularly
For effective results train your dog regularly, this is the key towards your dog learning quickly. Don’t train for few days then stop the training. Remember consistency is key.
- Repeating more often makes the dog learn quickly. Dogs learn by doing the same command many times.
- It is important to practice one command several times before you move on to another.
Let the dog know you’re the boss.
This is important. It doesn’t mean you instill fear in your dog rather your dog should follow what you train him/her. You should learn to punish your dog immediately he/she makes a mistake.
This will help the dog to learn what he/she shouldn’t do.
Create a comfortable environment
Do not let your dog fear you. As you train your dog do not develop the habit of hitting him. This will create a distance between you and your dog making the training difficult.
Be willing to endure
Training a dog might take time. It requires patience. Let the dog learn slowly and with time, you will see real results.
Create a training timetable
Schedule training times. This will register in the dog’s mind and it will be prepared for the training. By following the timetable, the dog will learn quickly.
Reward your pet Kirkland dog food
Carry a reward with you in the training session. Immediately when the dog listens to you and does what is required, reward him/her. Praising your dog also can help the dog learn he/she is doing well.
Some dogs love eating. If you reward them with something Kirkland dog food they will follow your instructions.
Keep it short
Lengthy sessions make your dog frustrated and lose focus. Make the lessons short, and always remember to take time and revise the previous training.
You can train for fifteen minutes and then play, this will create a bond between you two.
Involve the entire family
Let everyone be aware of the commands you will be teaching your dog so that when you’re not around they can use the same training techniques. This will make your dog learn quickly.
Different dog breeds have different intelligence and patience level. Some can be walked through a training session without causing some problems.
Others need a lot of stimulation to keep up a fifteen-minute training. Learn to read your dog’s behavior. Ensure you know when to stop training.
Don’t be aggressive or yelling at your dog.
Training dogs can turn out to be the most entertaining thing to do if you follow the above guidelines. Reinforce your point and the dog will learn it.